Saturday, March 28, 2009

Lunch at UCLA Medical Center Cafeteria, Westwood, California





My little buddy Ian got very sick on our last full day of vacation, so much so that we had to take him to the emergency room. Not being one to waste an opportunity I thought we should all eat some lunch before the triage nurse sent us to an actual room so I traveled to the cafeteria.

I found a host of offerings in this posh setting (yes a hospital can be posh, note the valet parking picture!) For Ian and Stephanie I decided on grilled cheese sandwiches and fruit salad, which looked a lot better than my Pollo Loco burrito, and in hind site that is what I should have ordered. But a blog is a cruel mistress and I wanted to eat something interesting for you my devoted fans.

The burrito was dry, under seasoned, and over processed. It was a sizable burrito but all it did was make me miss Chipotle on Brown St. Pinto beans, guacamole, shredded chicken, guacamole, “salsa”, and rice were the ingredients in the meal. Of all the disappointing fillings the salsa was the worst. It was, to the best of my knowledge, pureed canned tomatoes. No seasoning, no peppers, no onion, NO FLAVOR! While the hospital was nice and I believe Ian is getting some great care the food there is abysmal. One out of ten.

1 comment:

  1. a.) you should have tried the soylent verde
    b.) you owe me a dollar for the "blog is a cruel mistress" theft

    ReplyDelete