Thursday, June 3, 2010

Bistro G-EA, Brussels as hell, French as fuck!




The best thing about Europe is the pace. Jet-lagged and wanting to low-key it Tommy, Elizabeth, and I went to a little French bistro around the corner from our hotel/apartment. We were there for over three hours watching people, eating, and talking and it was the perfect way to start our vacation. There was no, "I gotta grab a quick bite so I can get me to the Wal-Mart." We enjoyed three courses along with coffee and after dinner drinks for T & E (which were on the house, of course) and every bite was sublime. I managed foie gras in two courses as well as a Greek salad that was enough to make me full, but the way things were paced we had time to digest and enjoy every course that was offered. As we shared around the table we decided that this type of meal is certainly not possible in Dayton, probably in the U.S. all together. There is simply no emphasis put on actually enjoying the meal, the time spent, the service, and the company in America. I would rather spend three hours with my best friends than sit in front of a T.V. watching spirit-crushing, mind-numbing trash any night. Here's to the European way of life and our first epic meal in Europe, courtesy of Bistro G-EA

No comments:

Post a Comment