Thursday, June 10, 2010

Chez Leon, Brussels Belgium




Chez Leon

This restaurant was in the heart of the Grand Plaice and was interesting looking but the service and food quickly brought down the whole experience. My salad was the highlight but it’s hard to screw that up when you have lardons of bacon and goat cheese. The dressing was balsamic vinaigrette that was broken and the greens were soggy. For an entrée I ordered a NY strip that was unseasoned (NOT under seasoned, UNseasoned) and full of gristle. The béarnaise I ordered to accompany the steak at an extra 2,30 Euro was overly vinegared and under tarragoned. Chez Leon is famous for it’s mussels, which most people at the table ordered, they looked dry and over cooked to me, but perhaps I would have been happier with the shellfish.

With one bad meal in over a week, I’d still say Europe is doing well. I found out at the end of the meal that Chez Leon is now a chain throughout Europe although the one in Brussels is the original I still say, Chez Leon=Chez Applebee’s

No comments:

Post a Comment