Sunday, June 13, 2010

Snack Sandwiches, Brussels Belgium







One of the things I love about vacations is finding spots that are not on your radar. Tommy stumbled upon this little sandwich shop and we fell in love with it. In two days I managed three meals from this humble little shop.

There are three things that make a great sandwich in my opinion:
1) Someone else makes it
2) The quality of the toppings
3) The bread (probably the most important!)
Snack Sandwiches has all three of these in spades! They are assembled by a husband and wife duo that dance around each other and prepare your lunch with love and respect. The meat and cheeses here shine but the real stars are the vegetables. Cucumber, mixed greens, roasted peppers, carrot julienne, and tomato all made an appearance on one or all of our sandwiches. All the baguettes are fresh baked in house (in fact, with our first order the bread was still hot!!!) These things are the type of sandwich I dream of. I once drove four hours to Pittsburgh to get a sandwich. I envision a day when I will have to buy a plane ticket and fly eight hours to get a salami sandwich from Therese and Dominique!

No comments:

Post a Comment